Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mango Iced Tea

Kim here... I seem to be on a bit of a drink roll right now, but today since it is so hot outside (106!) I really thought this recipe was appropriate. I am a huge lover of iced tea; I drink about 3 glasses of it daily! There is a restaurant in town that serves Mango Iced Tea on their menu and I am in love with this stuff. I tried several different ways to re-create it at home and I have finally stumbled upon greatness. Yummy! My daughter is so funny because she always asks why she can't have any of this. I say, "Well Bear, it is because it has caffeine in it and you are too little to have caffeine." She responds back, "Oh, yes Mommy, I forgot...It's the caufine. When I am older I can have that caufine stuff!" Don't forget to enter a comment to be automatically entered into our giveaway!

Mango Iced Tea

4 cups boiling water
3 Lipton Tea Bags
3 Lipton Mango Tea Bags

Boil water and pour into a 4 cup measuring cup or pitcher. Add the tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes. Either pull the tea bags out or leave them in after your first pour (I leave them in because I love strong tea and more caffeine gets in there too!) Take a great big glass and fill to the brim with ice. Pour tea over ice and let sit for a minute to get nice and cold. Delicious!

No comments: