Thursday, August 21, 2008

Easy Dairy Free Frosting

Hey, it's Deb. Just wanted to pop by and give you an easy dairy free frosting recipe for your cakes. I have been on the hunt forever for a dairy free frosting that tastes good, and with a little experimentation and some fancy substitution, here is one that I think you or your little one might enjoy! This is the birthday cake that I made for my daughter's birthday. We are cupcake crazy around here - Yeehaw!

Easy Dairy Free Frosting

1 box of powdered sugar

1/4 cup of soy milk or vanilla soy milk depending on how sweet you want it

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 stick of dairy free margarine (I love Nucoa. My daughter Scout loves the taste of it. It's dairy free and usually the cheapest margarine at the grocery store, wahoo!)

Beat with mixer for about 2 minutes, scraping bowl often. If you want it thinner make sure to add a little more soy milk. It is enough to frost one 8 inch layer cake.

If you want chocolate add 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and beat an extra minute.

*Allergy Tip: One important piece of advice that I have learned when shopping for your allergy free items is: Not To Assume Anything. Always read labels! Even if you have bought the product 1,000 times and just know it has nothing in it that you are allergic to. Do yourself a favor and read it 1,001. Products frequently have ingredient changes and will really come to surprise you sometimes. I have had this happen on more then one occasion and it is never a pleasant surprise. So be sure to always read your labels!

1 comment:

Shan B. said...

Debie, Is that a giant cupcake? If so I want to know how you did it. I've seen one other one &think it's so awesome.