Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chocolate Truffles

Ooooops! I missed posting yesterday so I am sticking this one in a little late. Sorry, I had my days all mixed up.

So this is my chocolate truffle recipe. These babies are so delicious that you will want to eat them up before you have to serve them to anybody else. I made these for Christmas one year. I have to say that they do take a little bit of practice. The first time that I made them they were a little bit too firm when I was trying to roll them. You want to have them be the consistency of a really thick dough. They are super easy and most of the ingredients I keep handy at all times.

Chocolate Truffles

1/3 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup butter (no substitutes on this one)

12 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate. (I like to use Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips for this)

1 tsp. extract

Unsweetened cocoa powder and powdered sugar for rolling the truffles in. I don't use nuts but you can always use nuts too!

Heat cream and butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate; cook, stirring frequently until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and stir in extract. Transfer mixture to small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let chill for several hours until mixture is firm but can still be easily spooned out. Roll mixture into 1/2 inch balls, then roll in cocoa powder or powdered sugar. Place in shallow dish and chill until firm.

No comments: