Monday, June 8, 2009

We Are Back!


Whew! How have you guys been? It has been a while. Kim and I have been busy being mommies and have not had very much time lately to devote to our beloved blog. Luckily, school is out for summer vacation and I have been cooking it up with a few new recipes that I think that you are going to like. I also procured my great-grandmothers recipe box over the summer! I am so excited to share all of the fantastic recipes that I found. So thank you all for sticking with us while we have been away. We appreciate all of your emails and hope to get the ball rolling again here with our blog. Keep writing in with your recipes and questions. We love to here from you!


Velveeta Cheese Quick Pasta Dinner - Originally obtained out of Kraft Food & Family Magazine and modified by me (Deb) to make it taste better!


1 pkg. of Velveeta Shells and Cheese Dinner (12 oz.)


2 Tbsp. Italian dressing


1 cup of broccoli florets


1 cup of red pepper


1 cup of yellow pepper


1 cup of frozen baby peas


1 handful of chopped fresh basil - the recipe calls for dried, but the fresh makes it taste better


3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese


Prepare pasta as directed on box.


Heat dressing in a skillet on medium heat. Add broccoli and peppers; cook and stir approximately 5 minutes or until done. Stir in peas; cook until heated through. Add pasta mix and basil to the veggies and mix. Top with the Parmesan! Super quick and really great dinner in a dish.

No comments: