Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

These have been my specialty for many years. I seem to have a knack for them. When I was in High School, my economics teacher set up a lesson for the class to come up with something to sell. My group decided that I should make my chocolate chip cookies. So, I went home, made a couple of batches and brought them back to school the next day. When our "selling" time began in class, my cookies were gone in less than 5 minutes. We were the winners of the lesson and had a few dollars profit. Now they are a hit with my family and friends and Deb still hits me up for them on occasion! I do want to give credit to my friend Michelle whose recipe this originated from. I change up my recipe for these cookies from time to time and this one is simply delicious. Thanks Michelle!



Chocolate Chip Cookies


2 sticks of butter, room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 eggs (1 egg & 1 egg white)
1 Tbls. vanilla
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips


1. Combine butter and sugars. Beat until fluffy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla, beat.
3. Add flour, salt and baking soda, beat. Add chocolate chips and stir.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes.
5. Cook until just done and cool on a wire rack.

No comments: