Sunday, January 3, 2010

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

This is just wrong on so many levels! I really wish my mom wouldn't have emailed this recipe to me, especially after New Years when I am supposed to be watching what I'm eating. But it's here, and now I must...make...cake! Wouldn't you if it only took five minutes? Who can resist anything that comes in a cool looking mug, you can use your microwave to make it, and is chocolate to boot. Hope you and your cow rustlers had a great holiday! Gotta go pop mine in the microwave!



5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake



4 tablespoons of flour

4 tablespoons of sugar

2 tablespoons of cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons of milk (I think that soy milk would be totally acceptable)

3 tablespoons of oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips

A small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug (microwave safe)



Add ingredients to mug and mix well

Add the egg and mix thoroughly

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well

Add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for three minutes on high. (I put a plate underneath mine just in case.)

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little and tip out onto plate if desired. (I think it would be way more fun to eat out of the mug with a hug dollop of vanilla ice cream, but that's just me)




1 comment:

Katelyn said...

Sounds so yummy! Love the name of the blog