Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Suddenly Sangria Time

I thought I had already posted this recipe but realized it was saved as a draft instead.
My good friend Tracy sent me this recipe, and it is a winner! We need a little sunshine right now with all these dreary days that we have been having in Sacramento. Sangria reminds me of sunshine, summertime and having fun. So make yourselves a pitcher and enjoy the feeling!

Suddenly Sangria Time

1 bottle of red wine (whatever you have sitting around in the kitchen or buy a special bottle of your fav)

1 lemon cut into wedges

1 orange cut into wedges

2 tbsp. sugar

1 shot brandy

2 cups of ginger ale or club soda

Pour wine into pitcher and squeeze juice from lemon and orange into the wine. Toss in the fruit wedges. Add sugar and brandy. Chill overnight. Add ginger ale just before serving. Yum!

No comments: